BEATLES TRIVIA AND GAMES! Watch every week as some trivia will be for prizes (as indicated,) others are just for fun! Since July 30, 2012, trivia questions and games have been posted every Monday, and everyone has a full week (through the following Sunday) to submit their answers. One random winner is chosen every week. Write to me with your answer(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers and winners names provided with every new trivia question! You can win once every 30 days!
NEW CHANGE IN OUR TRIVIA PAGE!!!: EVERY WEEK (until further announcement) MY BEATLES TRIVIA & GAMES PAGE CAN NOW WIN YOU ONE OF 9 PRIZES!!!!!!!!! CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 9 PRIZES BELOW!!! PRIZES MAY VARY FROM WEEK TO WEEK!
2) - PIPES OF PEACE SPECIAL VERSION - Paul McCartney's followup album to "Tug Of War," also produced by George Martin, includes the remastered version of the album, plus a bonus audio disc of demo recordings featuring the never-before-heard song "It's Not On," and Paul's song for the Gene Hackman movie "Twice In A Lifetime." The album itself boasts another #1 smash duet - "Say Say Say" with Michael Jackson, plus "So Bad," the great love song "Through Our Love," and the title track which went to #1 on the U.K. charts. The bonus CD also includes a 2015 remix for "Say Say Say."
3) HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES CD - Supergroup formed by Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Joe Perry, named after the group of friends and musicians who drank heavily together in L.A. back in the 70's (John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Alice Cooper, Harry Nilsson, Micky Dolenz, etc.) The songs are cover versions of many rock stars that have passed on. Featured artists include Paul McCartney, with his new recording of "Come And Get It," Alice Cooper covering John Lennon's "Cold Turkey," plus guest appearances from Zak Starkey, Abe Laboriel Jr., Joe Walsh, Dave Grohl, Robbie Krieger, Slash, Kip Winger, Brian Johnson, Perry Farrell and more! (courtesy UMe)
4) POSTCARDS FROM PARADISE - Ringo's new CD featuring 11 original songs, all co-written by Ringo with songwriting and musical contributions from Joe Walsh, Richard Marx, Todd Rundgren, Glen Ballard, Gary Burr, Steve Lukather, Gary Nicholson, Van Dyke Parks, and Ringo's current All-Starr Band!!! (courtesy UMe)
5) JEFF LYNNE'S ELO LIVE IN HYDE PARK DVD - Jeff's big comeback concert from September 2014 in London's Hyde Park as part of BBC2's "Festival For A Day," and performed before 50,000 fans with Jeff and the band accompanied by the BBC Concert Orchestra. Includes many of Jeff's ELO classics like "Evil Woman," "Livin' Thing," "Telephone Line," "Don't Bring Me Down," "Turn To Stone," and the Traveling Wilburys classic "Handle With Care." (courtesy Eagle Rock Entertainment.)
7) CAVEMAN (Blu-Ray disc)----Ringo's 1981 film in which he plays Atouk, the leader of a group of cavemen considered inferior by a larger group of cavemen. When Ringo sets his sights on Lana (Barbara Bach,) the girlfriend of Tonda (John Matuszak,) the leader from the superior group, trouble ensues!!! Also starring Jack Gilford, Shelley Long and Dennis Quaid. (courtesy Olive Films.)
8) THE BEATLES AND THEIR REVOLUTIONARY BASS PLAYER - By Dennis Alstrand. Examines the many contributions the Beatles made to their own music, with a special focus on Paul's work as a bass player. (Last copy of this book, signed by author.)
9) POP GOES THE ELEPHANT - Gary Van Scyoc - First CD ever from the former bass player in Elephants Memory. Includes recordings spanning all the decades from the 70's through today. Features the song "Wind Ridge" produced by John Lennon from the Elephants Memory album from Apple-John Lennon helped to write the song with Gary. Also on the collection is an instrumental version of "Imagine" from the members of Elephants Memory as a tribute to John.
THIS WEEK'S BEATLES TRIVIA QUESTION: What two Beatles recordings off their debut British album "Please Please Me" were previously recorded by the Shirelles? Deadline for entering is Nov. 29, 2015. Please include your mailing address, and indicate which prize you prefer. Write to me (Ken) at email@example.com. Listen to the latest installment of my syndicated Beatles radio show "Every Little Thing," on the GLOBAL TEXAN CHRONICLES website, where it's available for streaming all week long. This week's show includes an interview with Beatles author Kit O'Toole ("Songs They Were Singing-Guided Tours Thought the Beatles Lesser Known Tracks," plus a set of John Lennon tribute songs. Please let me know what you think of the show!!!
LAST WEEK'S BEATLES TRIVIA: ONE-LINER: Tell me what Beatles or solo-song contains the following lyrics? "She saw poverty breaking up a home Wounded warriors took her song away." ANSWER: "Jenny Wren"---Paul McCartney ("Chaos And Creation In The Backyard"---2005 album) WINNER: Craig Maedl (Hamburg, NY...is that near Liverpool, NY, Craig?!) Wins the book "A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You-The Monkees From A Fan's Perspective" by Fred Velez.) Deadline for entering is Nov. 22, 2015. Please include your mailing address, and indicate which prize you prefer. Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to my weekly syndicated Beatles show "Every Little Thing," which you can stream ALL WEEK LONG starting Mondays at theGLOBAL TEXAN CHRONICLES website!!!